4 chicken breasts
½ onion, diced
½ yellow pepper, diced
½ red pepper, diced
½ green pepper, diced
2 tablespoons fajita spice mix
3 tablespoons salsa
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Slice across the chicken, about ¾ inch apart, but only cut about 80% of the way through.
3. Cook the onions and peppers over medium heat until softened.
4. Stir in the fajita mix, salsa, and finally the cheese.
5. Mix until cheese is melted, then allow the mixture to cool.
6. Fill each segment of the chicken with one teaspoon of the mixture.7. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes (or more) until the chicken is completely cooked.