Get up early, get out your favorite knife and start cutting, chopping and cubing to prepare this delicious bad boy to satisfy company. If there's a vegetarian in the house, keep the bacon to one side. The dressing turns this from your average dinner salad into a "can-I-have-another-scoop?" pleaser.
- For the salad
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 english cucumber, cubed (small)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 16 ounce bag frozen peas
- For the dressing
- 1 ½ cups Hellman's mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- For the topping
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely minced
- Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- In a 9”x13” dish layer the salad ingredients. Start with a layer of romaine lettuce, then a layer of tomatoes, a layer of cucumbers, a layer of celery and a layer of peas.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the peas and spread to cover, bringing the dressing all the way out to the edges of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese, bacon and green onions on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.