Pan Seared Zucchini and Corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and medium diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, medium diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, medium diced
- 2 ears white or yellow corn, shucked
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the bell pepper and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables have softened slightly, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, remove the corn kernels from the cobs.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn, stir to combine, and cook until just warmed through, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, turn off the heat and stir in the basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper.