- 1 bunch rainbow or regular carrots
- 4 medium parsnips
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel and cut carrots and parsnips in half, lengthwise. Depending on how wide the thicker ends are, you may need to slice each stick into quarters, lengthwise.
- In a shallow baking dish, toss carrots and parsnips with olive oil and season with thyme, salt and pepper,
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, once it starts to foam stir or swirl the pan; keep a close eye on the color, as soon as it turns a pale brown remove
- from the heat and add lemon zest, parsley and maple syrup.
- Drizzle glaze over carrots, stir with a spatula to coat.