An almost daily blog on whatever futuristic, technical tip, general interest or humor I find interesting and want to share.
Monday, February 28, 2022
Friday, February 25, 2022
Sticky White Rice
- A pizza square (i.e. thick) at Flying Pizza
- Two fat-free Chicago dogs with everything from a food cart on Courthouse Square
- Two egg rolls and a container of sticky rice (plus two packets of mustard and soy sauces) from the Arcade
Thursday, February 24, 2022
The Dayton Playhouse
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
B&G's Cigar Lounge
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
Severe Weather in Ohio
Monday, February 21, 2022
Friday, February 18, 2022
Thursday, February 17, 2022
The Best Of 2021
Over on my Life Experiences blog, I've written up my top ten experiences for 2021, my 11th annual trip down memory lane for the best things that happened in the just-completed year. There were a total of 49 events that made the larger list that I whittled down to the best of the best. In case you don't want the 3-page read, available at the link below, here are the bullet points starting with #10 and working down to 2021's winner. Another fun year!
- Dinner at the Sage Room in Hilton Head, SC
- Afternoon in Nashville, TN
- Earl's Biker Bar in Sebastian, FL
- Brunch at the Blue Hen Cafe in St. Augustine, FL
- Fish Tacos at Nokomo's Sunset Hut in Nokomis, FL
- Kayaking in Vero Beach, FL
- Cytomegalovirus Negative
- Jorrge's Restaurante Cantina in Kettering, OH
- YouTube TV
- Basement Remodel
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Barrel End Table
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
I was mistaken in my earlier post about there being apps for Wordle. Turns out there isn't, but you can add an icon on your itty-bitty devices using the following instructions. Do not load any apps you might find on the App Store/Google Play. They are likely up to no good.
iPhone or iPad
- Open "Safari" and go to https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
- Tap the "Share" button, which is the rectangle with the arrow pointing upward
- On the Share screen, tap "Add to Home Screen"
- On the next screen, you can rename Wordle if you want. You can also look at the URL to make sure it’s correct.
- Tap Add and the Wordle icon will appear on your Home Screen.
- Open the Chrome app and navigate to https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
- Open Chrome’s Settings menu by tapping the three vertical dots found in the top-right corner
- Select “Add To Home Screen”
- Change the name of the icon if desired and press "Add"
- Tap the “Add Automatically” button
Monday, February 14, 2022
Friday, February 11, 2022
A staple of my youth, Mom went through boxes of Bisquick to make everything from biscuits to pancakes. I like that all the basic recipes are printed on the box. I was in need of biscuits to provide a base for some leftover Shepherd's Pie and this was a lot easier than making yet another trip to the grocery store. Betty to the rescue!
Thursday, February 10, 2022
Air Bag Warning
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
I changed my primary weather app and website from The Weather Channel to the free (I love free) WeatherBug. The primary driver was The Weather Channel not being available on YouTube TV, so I couldn't get the weather on my TVs. But after using WeatherBug for just a little while, I found it easier to use and a cleaner display of information. Also, The Weather Channel app on the iPad recently began displaying full-screen ads that had to be closed to continue, a real annoyance.