I was mistaken in my earlier post about there being apps for Wordle. Turns out there isn't, but you can add an icon on your itty-bitty devices using the following instructions. Do not load any apps you might find on the App Store/Google Play. They are likely up to no good.
iPhone or iPad
- Open "Safari" and go to https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
- Tap the "Share" button, which is the rectangle with the arrow pointing upward
- On the Share screen, tap "Add to Home Screen"
- On the next screen, you can rename Wordle if you want. You can also look at the URL to make sure it’s correct.
- Tap Add and the Wordle icon will appear on your Home Screen.
- Open the Chrome app and navigate to https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
- Open Chrome’s Settings menu by tapping the three vertical dots found in the top-right corner
- Select “Add To Home Screen”
- Change the name of the icon if desired and press "Add"
- Tap the “Add Automatically” button